FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to change audio track?

<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:07 pm

Re: How to change audio track?

Cerberus wrote:
zip wrote:.. unless your TV supports switching tracks (for natively played files, ie not transcoded)

i dont know of any renderers that support that function.

How about Sony Bluray players? They support this with native MKV playback, though there are other problems. I think you're getting a bit quick to pronounce a final verdict on issues on here.
Sony BDP-S490 | Bravia KDL-32V5500 | Xbox 360 | Synology DS111
Serviio 1.4.1.2 package for Synology NAS
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:14 pm

patters wrote:
Cerberus wrote:
zip wrote:.. unless your TV supports switching tracks (for natively played files, ie not transcoded)

i dont know of any renderers that support that function.

How about Sony Bluray players? They support this with native MKV playback, though there are other problems. I think you're getting a bit quick to pronounce a final verdict on issues on here.

only works on one file type though and they have to be native and not transcoded. so that is very limit number of file that will actualy work.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

slingshot

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:18 pm

Oke I have to try to change the audio order or have to buy a media player :(
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:27 pm

slingshot wrote:Oke I have to try to change the audio order or have to buy a media player :(

Hopefully this will be added to FFmpeg soon as then everyone can have this feature for native and transcoded files and all file types ( that support multiply audio tracks ). but for now only sony BD player have this and as patters said its only on natively streamed MKV files.

There maybe programs out there to change the audio order in video files and if you manage to find one please post a link to it here so other may benefit from it. ( free one would be best if possible )

EDIT: here one that say you can edit MKV audio tracks so maybe that will work for you http://www.emmgunn.com/mokgvm2dvd/mokgvmhome.html
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

slingshot

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Found this link http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio ... ux_gui.cfm which should do it but it is with remux
And this one without remux http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2501
MKVMerge does the trick! It took about 15 minutes for me to change the order on a 13,5 Gb movie
<<

pizzaguy541

Serviio lover

Post Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:14 am

Cerberus wrote:
slingshot wrote:Oke I have to try to change the audio order or have to buy a media player :(

Hopefully this will be added to FFmpeg soon as then everyone can have this feature for native and transcoded files and all file types ( that support multiply audio tracks ). but for now only sony BD player have this and as patters said its only on natively streamed MKV files.

There maybe programs out there to change the audio order in video files and if you manage to find one please post a link to it here so other may benefit from it. ( free one would be best if possible )

EDIT: here one that say you can edit MKV audio tracks so maybe that will work for you http://www.emmgunn.com/mokgvm2dvd/mokgvmhome.html
FFmpeg has a map function that allows the choosing of different video/audio streams in the file to be extracted. Can this map function be used for all files or is it just for vob files?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:56 am

The map function can be used and will be used once I implement it in Serviio. Obviously that will mean all files will have to be remuxed for those who will want this functionality.
<<

diug

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:48 pm

I see that this is an old thread, but this is still unanswered. Is there some way i can change audio tracks?
I have a Samsung 40C630.
If i connect the external drive to the usb port i have the option to change audio tracks. If i play a movie via Serviio (0.6.1) i do not have the option to do so.

P.S. Should i make another topic regarding this question since this one is almost 1 year old?

Thanks!
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:03 pm

no C series doesnt support that function.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

diug

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:10 pm

well i just told you that the function is supported. i can change audio track if i connect the hard drive directly to the tv..
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:13 pm

diug wrote:well i just told you that the function is supported. i can change audio track if i connect the hard drive directly to the tv..

exactly it is only supported over USB and not over DLNA.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:30 pm

I thought some users can pick tracks. Probably depends on the file container. Also it might be caused by the bug in 0.6.1 C/D profile which disables the proper Samsung integration.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:36 pm

zip wrote:I thought some users can pick tracks. Probably depends on the file container. Also it might be caused by the bug in 0.6.1 C/D profile which disables the proper Samsung integration.

Thats D series zip. :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

diug

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:55 pm

Oh, i see. Thank you for the information.
Next

Return to User experiences